Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Noon review for BE Reviews

Noon by Katherine Warwick
Grove Creek Publishing
http://www.ballroomdancenovels.com/

Nicole Dubois has grown up with a silver spoon in her mouth and only the best dance partners money can buy. She'’s so good that no one measures up. Until her mother hires Noon.

Breck Noon is a boy from the wrong side of the tracks and he has definitely never had the privileges that Nicole is comfortable with. The one thing he does have is moves. He starts out dancing to earn his way out of hardship and ends up loving both the dance and his partner.

Can Nicole and Breck overcome their differences and end up in sync and on top? Or will circumstances rip them apart over and over again?

This is the second novel I have read by Katherine Warwick and where I liked the first one, I loved this one. It was enchanting, gripping and my hands actually started to tense while holding my palm pilot (I was reading it in ebook format). My first glimpse of Breck Noon was that he was an arrogant man who was just taking back something he lost. I was thinking I didn'’t like him. I was wrong. The backstory of this novel is intense and real and Breck Noon turned into a man to be admired. He refused to let history repeat itself and didn'’t give up even when there were so many times there was no reason for him not to.

Nicole Dubois is a spoiled, rich girl but eventually she earns some integrity and common sense. Once in a while her decency would peek out but her focus was on dance and how far she could climb. Her solid family background helps to bring her to a more attainable and likeable level.

I found all of the characters in this novel to be well written and believable. While my knowledge of dance is pretty much limited to Dancing with the Stars, I found myself envisioning each dance clearly as the author so delicately details them. Nicole and Breck grow from awkward teens to adults and encounter many trials and tribulations all the way. They even head to the top dance competitions but there are so many twists and turns that who knows which partner(s) may win.

Without a doubt, Noon is a recommended read. Katharine Warwick is well on her way to a great career and I cannot wait to read more from this descriptive author.

I give it a 5

Labels: