Sunday, February 25, 2007

InSINerator, Review for WCP


InSINerator

Wild Child Publishing.com © 2007

Title of Book: InSINerator
Author: Joseph DiFrancesco
Publisher: Double Dragon Publishing Inc
ISBN: 1-55404-355-7
Genre: Suspense
Length: Category
Release Date: May 2006

There is a serial killer on the loose and detective Bob DiStanza is determined to find him. What he doesn’t want to find is any more dead women. He’d really love to just concentrate on his own life and happy ever after.

When things suddenly take an odd turn and the killer’s M.O. changes Bob has to follow a new trail. He can’t figure out whether there is one killer or two. The killer himself is suddenly made aware that changes have been made and that makes him nervous, as well, especially when an arsonists seems to be following his every move.

When all is said and done, who will catch the killer? And whose side is he on?

InSINerator is a great suspense that builds from the very start and comes to a very satisfying conclusion. The author layers everything in such a way that the reader is eagerly anticipating what will happen next. What I liked about this book was that I only guessed who was behind something at the same moment that the detective did. I love it when a suspense is able to keep me in the dark for as long as possible. If I figure it out too soon then the book isn’t quite as interesting to me.

While not labeled a romantic suspense, there was a sweet romance building alongside the mystery/suspense of this story. I found it very believable and loved the way the main character kept trying to reach out to his girlfriend’s daughter, to include her in the relationship.

This book is told in third person omniscient and, after the prologue where that was clear, it took me a while to figure out that we weren’t head hopping through scenes. This was slightly distracting to me as we’d be in one head and then the other and sometimes it was confusing who was talking and/or thinking.

If you are looking for good suspense with a twist and just a darned good plot, then I highly recommend InSINerator.

I give it 4 Cats

Labels: