Wednesday, January 03, 2007

In the Spirit Review for RORR



In the Spirit by Shannon Stacey
Samhain Publishing (ebook)

Jessica Newton is an author looking for a secluded place to write far away from the holiday mayhem she abhors. The remote cabin in the mountains seems to be a perfect place to escape the holiday spirit.

Zachary Roberts loves Christmas. At least he did when he was alive, so why not carry on the tradition even though he is ghost? He often surprises the residents of the cabin with a fabulous display, in all different forms.

Zach is a holiday spirit ready to spread some joy. When he sees Jessica he knows he wants more than that. Can a bah humbug and a mischievous spirit come together to find the true meaning of Christmas?

This light-hearted tale by Shannon Stacey is filled with fun and frivolity. From the first word I was captured in the Christmas spirit, even as the heroine fought against hers. I know that if I found a ghost inhabiting a cabin I'd hope he was as gorgeous as Zach Roberts sounds!

My biggest gripe about this story was that Jessica didn't seem too disconcerted to find her cabin inhabited by a ghost. I think we are to assume that since she writes horror, that things like this don't faze her. Maybe, but I would still have liked to see a bit more of a struggle with this issue. However, the way they negotiated their way through the Christmas decorations was fantastic.

If you are looking for a fun story with lots of heat then look no further. In the Spirit is a feel-good holiday romance that will leave you smiling.

I give it a 4.

Labels: