Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hunting the Demon, Jaci Burton



Hunting the Demon by Jaci Burton

Release Date August 28, 2007


Nic Diavolo is the son of the head Demon, destined to become the ruler of the Lords of the Sons of Darkness. Only he doesn't know it. And, even though he dreams it, he doesn't want it. Or anything to do with it.

Shay Pearson is a demon hunter, with the Realm of Light. She's the one who needs to capture Nic, lure him in to their midst, and determine who's side he is on. Has his demon half taken over? Or is he all male? Or is he the best combination of both?

With the Lord of the Sons of Darkness ready to make him their king, will Shay and the others be able to save him? Or will power be too strong of an aphrodisiac?

I have been waiting for this book forever. Truly. I loved Surviving Demon Island. Was a little worried because I've never been a big fan of the demon. But Ms. Burton knows how to make her demons desirable. At least the ones that are only part demon, anyway! LOL And, Hunting the Demon did not disappoint.

Just like SDI, Hunting the Demon is non-stop action, and sizzling passion. I loved the tension that gets ratcheted up with every passing chapter. And I really loved Dominic "Nic" Diavolo. A lot. Mmm. The only drawback to this story was that I found I wasn't as connected with Shay as I was with Gina (SDI). I'm not sure why. With SDI I felt invested in both Gina and Derek, whereas with Hunting the Demon I was more concerned with Nic. Maybe he was just so hot that I was distracted. :-D

The problem with Hunting the Demon is that it made me become heavily invested in two more characters: Angelique and Ryder. The way Ms. Burton weaved them into this already packed tale was brilliant. I wasn't sure who I wanted to watch more. Them or Shay and Nic. I must have Angelique and Ryder's story now, and I think it highly unfair of the author to string me along like this. Damn good technique--just unfair.

At this point you must realise I can't say enough good things about the series. I really like it. I highly recommend Hunting the Demon.

I give this a 4.5, BE Reviews

Labels: